Thursday, November 27, 2014

Week 13

When I first started university in September, I have to admit that I was a little nervous about writing and English 1080 in general. I am happy to say that English was probably the most enjoyable course for me this semester. 
The english blogs seemed a little odd to me at first, but after writing a couple of them, I realized that they were actually fairly easy marks, and they were not all that complicated. I even enjoyed doing some of them. The poetry section was my least favourite portion of the course, because I never did enjoy poetry. I always found it complicated and at times, hard to understand. I feel that the poetry chosen for this course was fair, and the lectures helped me to actually understand. My favourite poem we have completed this semester has to be Ozymandias. Although, the sign language poetry was very interesting, and it did surprise me because I never knew such a thing existed. My favourite section of the course was the short stories. I found these to be entertaining, and again they were all fair. 

Overall, I think the course was very informative. I feel that my writing has improved in such little time, and I have learned essay writing skills that I will carry with me through my university career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment