Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 1


Hello Everyone! 

I would like to welcome you all to my blog. My name is Michael Cumben, but everyone calls me Mike and I am from Grand Bank, Newfoundland. I graduated high school in 2011, and I am very excited for my first semester at Memorial University.

Where do I begin to describe myself? Coming from such a small town can be boring at times, but I made the most of it. Most days you could find me outside playing street hockey with some friends, or playing ice hockey with the United Towns Pirates. I was even playing hand hockey before I could walk, thanks to my Father. Watching every Leafs game with my Dad (bring on the jokes, I am use to it) has lead to some of my greatest family memories. Although some people feel that hockey is a waste of time, it is a true passion of mine. In the past four years, I have also developed a strong passion for photography. I never leave home without my camera and tripod. I was never an art lover, but I do love the creativity involved with photography, “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” Anyone can take a simple picture, but it is a true talent to see beauty where others cannot. Travis Parsons, a local photographer to Grand Bank and a good friend of mine, has really inspired me to pursue photography. 

In addition to Travis, I also have a great family that continues to support me everyday. I am the youngest member of my family of four. I tend to keep to myself for the most part, however if you get to know me I am a very easy going guy. Since graduating high school I have grown and changed quite a bit. I have changed my view on life, live every day to the fullest because no one knows how long we have left to live. If there is something you want, set your heart to it and do it. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool, my high school math teacher was from Grand Bank, maybe you know her! Mrs.Peach, now known as Mrs.Bungay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice anyone commented on this! Sorry about the late response, yes I know Mrs. Peach!

    ReplyDelete